Sunday, September 13, 2015

Glamping ✌✌

Out of all the palagis (foreigners) here, I am by far the most "girly". I'm not as adventurous as the others. I'm much more apprehensive to try things outside my comfort zone (i.e. night swimming with reef sharks 😳😳, 8 hour hikes up mountains, deep sea diving, etc..). You have to remember I'm on this island with scientists, biologists, researchers, and other outdoorsy types. Most of the contracted employees here have some sort of science background or they are sent here to do some kind of research. Samoa is an amazing place filled with endless opportunities for science! Especially marine science. With that, its safe to say there are VERY limited psychologists here! Actually, 3 psychologists (including myself) that I know personally. Which means.. I'm a big odd ball!! Haha! 

We all joke that I'm not the best at outdoorsy adventures, however I am getting a lot better! Everyone said they wanted to hike to Larsen's Beach, a secluded beach in the village of Vaitogi. It is the most amazing sight! If you've ever seen the movie, "The Beach" with Leonardo Di'caprio, its like that!! Not only did they want to hike but they wanted to camp too!! My friends tried to convince me to go but I said the only way id go is if we were "Glamping" (Glamorous Camping). Most didn't even know what that meant! I had to explain to them it just means taking camping to a whole new level. Going to ridiculous lengths to make camping very comfortable, usually equipped with wifi, a big comfy bed, AC, the works. ;) hahaha! Obviously, that wasn't gonna happen but Jameson promised me he would make the experience comfortable. So he brought pillows and yoga mats to sleep on and a sheet. He got a nice big tent and did his best to make it as glamorous as possible!  

Everyone laughed and we made a big joke about it the whole night. I love these people! Even though I'm the "odd ball", the not so adventurous girly girl who likes to paint nails and read mags on the beach- they still accept me for who I am and encourage me to explore beyond my comfort zone. They never judge me or discourage me. They help motivate me through humor and patience. You don't know how many times my friends have offered to take things one step at a time for me. "Lets hike! Don't worry, we can stop whenever you want." Or "lets go try to swim past the reef this time into open ocean, if u feel scared, I'll be right here." It means the world to me. I love you guys!! Thank you for pushing me. Maybe next time, I'll be able to sleep outside with NO tent! (Haha yeah right 😜😉😉). 

My Glamorous Tent!

Larsen's Beauty

My bebot!

Liora, myself, Kersten, and Ari! These people make me so happy!! 

After a few trials, we finally got one of everyone in the air! Haha

Good Morning! 

My Glamorous Breakfast! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment