Sunday, October 25, 2015

New Zealand Adventure

The past 10 days have been so amazing! My mom surprised my sister and I with a free trip to New Zealand! I haven't seen them since my wedding so I couldn't wait for this trip. I met them in Fiji for a layover then we traveled to New Zealand together. We rented a car and I was nominated to drive on the other side of the road! So scary. It feels so unnatural. But after a while, you get used to it. You kind of don't have much of a choice! We got to stay with my friend Craig and his family for a bit. They even let us stay in their rental home right on the beach in Coromandel Town. So beautiful. I couldn't believe how incredibly generous his family was to us! We felt so lucky that they welcomed us to their beach house in coromandel and their family home in Whitianga which was about a 45 min drive. Their house in Whitianga was simply amazing. Beach front with an elevator in it! Haha. My sister and I couldn't get enough of it.
We spent some time in Auckland city for a few nights too! The city reminds me of the Gaslamp in San Diego. Busy, frantic, high rises , the works. We were kind of over it after the second day. We wanted to take more adventures in our little rental car. We wanted to see the green pastures with rolling hills! So many sheep and cows! It was straight out of a movie. Our favorite part of the trip was visiting Hobbiton! Where they actually filmed all the Lord of the Rings movies and the hobbit movies. It was so incredibly breathtaking!! We kept on saying that over and over. "Woww!" "It's so pretty!" Haha. We couldn't stop nor could we find any other words that would suffice. Before we knew it, our 10 days were up and we were back in the airport. It was so nice to spend quality time with my mom and sister. Especially because my sister is pregnant. I remember one of my favorite parts of my sis being preggo with Sam was that I got to watch her belly grow. I felt so sad that I wasn't going to be able to see her belly grow in person  for her second baby but this trip made up for that. I completely fell in love with New Zealand and recommend anyone to go. The only word I can think of to describe it is simply: Magical. ❤❤❤

See for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment